WHEN YOU'RE READY TO TRAVEL AGAIN, WE'LL BE READY TO WELCOME YOU
As the world adjusts to new travel norms and expectations, we’re enhancing the experience for you – our hotel guests – by redefining cleanliness and supporting wellbeing throughout your stay. These strengthened procedures are designed to give you greater confidence and hotel teams the protection needed. We have our commitment to cleanliness by:
Implementing a global IHG Clean Promise with enhanced protocols
Using new science-led protocols and service measures by enhancing the IHG Way of Clean
Partnering with industry leading experts Cleveland Clinic, Ecolab and Diversey
IHG Way of Clean
We have a long-standing commitment to rigorous cleaning procedures and launched our IHG Way of Clean program in 2015 – developed in partnership with Ecolab and Diversey – both world leaders in hygiene and cleaning technologies and services.
This program has expanded to reflect the advice of regional and global health authorities, including the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, and local public health authorities in markets around the world.
IHG Way of Clean already included deep cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectants, and guests can expect to see evolved procedures throughout the hotel, which may include:
- Reception: Reduced contact at check-in, touchless transactions, front desk screens, sanitizer stations, sanitized key-cards, paperless check-out
- Guest Room: Reduction of in-room furnishings/high-touch items, new laundry protocols, and the addition of in-room IHG Clean Promise cards.
- Public Spaces and Facilities: Additional deep cleaning of high touch surfaces, social distancing signage,and best practices for pools, fitness centers and lounges across our locations.
- Food & Beverage: Modified approach to buffets, banquets, room-service and catering.
Supporting the Wellbeing of Guests and Colleagues
Enabling the personal wellbeing of guests and colleagues is key. IHG is working closely with a team of medical experts at the world-renowned Cleveland Clinic to develop guidance and resources for hotel teams on returning to work and keeping guests safe. This includes:
- Cleanliness information in hotels and on IHG’s booking channels
- Social distancing operating procedures and signage
- Guidance on the use of protective equipment as necessary by hotel colleagues
- Updated colleague training and certification
- Availability of individual guest amenity cleaning kits
- Hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes available in guest rooms and at high-touch points throughout hotels
Global Cleanliness Board & Clean Champions
Leading this work is our Global Cleanliness Board – a group of IHG experts in operations, health, safety and guest experience colleagues working with external specialists to define solutions, best practice and implement processes including James Merlino, Chief Clinical Transformation Officer, and team from the Cleveland Clinic, who will provide expert counsel on translating clinical concepts, infectious disease management and overall health optimization.
Our hotel teams will also appoint Clean Champions to continue building the culture of clean instilled in IHG hotels around the world. These champions will focus on guests and colleagues as they navigate the new environment and help on-property teams to consistently deliver these elevated cleanliness standards.